Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by techexpressinc <ru...@techexpressinc.com> on 2008/11/05 20:16:56 UTC

password protected folder can i pass it the password?

We have an website with a folder that userid/password protected. Is it
possible for to pass the userid/password to the server?

The situtation is that is the employee area. So, when the employees log-in
from the office; they do not to enter the userid/password. If they enter
from some place other than the office we need them to enter the
userid/password.

So, is there a way to can get the ip see the ip is the office ip then not
require the password by passing it on to the server somehow?

Is this pie in the sky thinking?

Thanks for any help or direction.
Russ at techexpressinc.com