Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2008/05/01 07:15:03 UTC

Re: How to build custom inhouse maven release?

The better question is what will it take to get the patches applied? I
took a glance at 3559 and nothing jumped out and bit me. However, I'd
like other feedback, plus I'd be hesitant to apply it without the patch
having a test case included to verify the fix. I don't have the
bandwidth right now to convert the demo project into an integration test.

Ralph

Posted by Joshua ChaitinPollak <jp...@kivasystems.com>.
On May 1, 2008, at 1:15 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> The better question is what will it take to get the patches applied?
> I took a glance at 3559 and nothing jumped out and bit me.

Well, that's obviously in the back of my mind, but I didn't want to
jump onto the dev list as a newbie and start hollering "apply my
patch, apply my patch"... :)

> However, I'd like other feedback, plus I'd be hesitant to apply it
> without the patch having a test case included to verify the fix. I
> don't have the bandwidth right now to convert the demo project into
> an integration test.

I'm not sure how the Maven IT's work, but I'll take a look at it and
see if I can roll one out, although I've spent two solid weeks on our
migration to Maven and I'm pretty sure my boss wants me actually
writing code. :)

Also, being my first Maven-internal edit I'm not sure the patch, while
functional, is  exactly the right change.

It strikes me from a design perspective that it might make more sense
in the long run to treat the "test-jar" artifact as an MavenProject
object of its own internally. I'm not really sure about that, but it
does seem odd to be special casing the ActiveProjectArtifact.getFile()
function based on the Artifact's getFile(). On the other hand, I guess
its ok, because you aren't risking an explosion of special cases for
other artifact types.

-Josh