Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Duke <bp...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 20:18:28 UTC

Upgrading Windows installation

Hi, I am running SVN1.1 which I setup some time back with the Window
installer and everything worked fine. I tried running the SVN1.3 installer
and it does not upgrade any of the binaries in the Apache directory, it only
installs them into c:\program files\subversion. Is there something the
installer looks for that is keeping it from overwriting the old files? I
selected the option in the setup to configure Apache. If this doesn't work,
can someone point me to a doc that tells how to manually upgrade a Windows
SVN?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Upgrading Windows installation

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
"Brian Duke" <bp...@gmail.com> wrote on 07.03.2006 21:18:28:

> Hi, I am running SVN1.1 which I setup some time back with the Window
> installer and everything worked fine. I tried running the SVN1.3
> installer and it does not upgrade any of the binaries in the Apache
> directory, it only installs them into c:\program files\subversion.
> Is there something the installer looks for that is keeping it from
> overwriting the old files? I selected the option in the setup to

No, whis is how the installer works since 1.2. I suggest you change your
httpd.conf file to reflect that, beacuse I suspect it's gonna stay that
way.

Try this: http://svn.spears.at/

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si