Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Shah, Soniya M." <ss...@telcordia.com> on 2003/12/15 20:23:05 UTC

Out going soap requests

Hi All,

This questin is not related to Axis, but I am posting in here with a hope of
answer as people who are runnning any SOAP client might have this situation.

What is the best approach for outgoing SOAP messages?

I am using SOAP/https. I have a SOAP client and server. For SOAP server
incoming path is as follows:

External firewall---> web server ----> internal firewall ------> application
server

Now for SOAP client for outgoing SOAP messages, what is the best path?

I would think having a https port open only for outgoing https traffic with
a valid list of ip addresses to talk to would be fine. But I am told this
cannot be done in the our current setup.

Is there a easy way by which I can have SOAP client talk to my web server?
We do have a https port open for outgoing traffic in the external fire wall.
So basically I have to cross one firewall.

One not so good solution I am thinking is to run the SOAP client in the
machine where web server is and than have business logic in the EJB which
runs in the app server.

Any help is welcome...any pointers to any other site are welcome. I am in a
crunch mode so really did not get much time to look at the internet for
solutions.

Thanks,
Soniya