Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nikhil Singhal <ns...@sapient.com> on 2014/06/05 08:50:32 UTC

Getting error while user creation | AEM 6.0

Hi All

We have created a group with specific permission set on home directory.
We have a group admin user with permission to create users but when we are trying to create user with that it is giving access denied errors.
We have followed the exact same practice and set of rules in AEM 5.6.1 and it worked perfectly fine but in AEM 6 it is giving errors.

Is there anything we are missing with oak?
Kindly revert.

Nikhil Singhal
Associate Technology L2
-
SapientNitro
Gurgaon Infospace Limited SEZ, Ground Floor, Tower A, Building 2, Sector 21, Old Delhi-Gurgaon Road, Dundahera
Gurgaon 122 016
Haryana, India

mobile  +91-9013802214

Re: Getting error while user creation | AEM 6.0

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi

how that the permission setup look for the user-admin group?
one notable change with oak is that there is a dedicated privilege for
user management operations which is required instead of regular jcr:write.

there is a config option with the permission evaluation that allows to
get back the jr2 behavior (i.e. ignoring the user-management permission and
just evaluating regular write permissions).

kind regards
angela