Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mark <no...@spamgourmet.com> on 2011/09/14 10:23:32 UTC

Get java exceptions when trying to start ActiveMQ

Hi,

When trying to start ActiveMQ using the command:
$ ksh bin/activemq console

as recommended in the "ActiveMQ in action" book.

I get several java exceptions including this one:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
org.fusesource.web.console.server.AgentServiceImpl
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:82)
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:224)

I am using ActiveMQ 5.5.0 on Solaris 10 (Java 1.6.0_14).

What's wrong?

Re: Get java exceptions when trying to start ActiveMQ

Posted by Mahmoud Parsian <mp...@yahoo.com>.
Create a file start.sh (in Linux environment) with the following content:

#!/bin/bash
export JAVA_HOME=/home/jdk6
export ACTIVEMQ_HOME=/home/amq
export ACTIVEMQ_BASE=/home/amq
export PATH=.:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/bin:$PATH
export LOG_FILE=$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/logs/activemq.log
export ACTIVEMQ_OPTS_MEMORY="-Xms1024M -Xmx2048M"
$ACTIVEMQ_HOME/bin/activemq-admin start > $LOG_FILE 2>&1 &

Please update JAVA_HOME, ACTIVEMQ_HOME, and ACTIVEMQ_BASE accordingly.

then you may start active-mq as:

chmod a+rx start.sh
./start.sh &

That is all.
best,
Mahmoud

________________________________

Posted by Mark <no...@spamgourmet.com>.
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:07:33 +0200, Torsten Mielke
<to...@fusesource.com> wrote:

>Can you paste the full error please?
>The error seems to be related to the Jetty web container that is also loaded.
>
>Also does the error go away if you comment the line
>
><import resource="jetty.xml"/>
>
>from activemq.xml?

The errors do go away if I comment out that line.  I haven't yet
posted all the errors because there are so many (> 500 lines).  I
don't even know if need the Jetty web container.

Re: Get java exceptions when trying to start ActiveMQ

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Can you paste the full error please?
The error seems to be related to the Jetty web container that is also loaded.

Also does the error go away if you comment the line

<import resource="jetty.xml"/>

from activemq.xml?

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com