Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ashutosh Somani <as...@MIT.EDU> on 2000/12/04 20:36:43 UTC

Microsoft and Apache SOAP

I know there was a post earlier about this but didn't see a response come
through. Does anyone know how to get a Client that runs Microsoft SOAP to
use a SOAP service from a server that uses the Apache SOAP implementation?
Thanks.

Ash

RE: Microsoft and Apache SOAP

Posted by Tony Hong <th...@xmethods.net>.
One of the well-known interoperability problems between Apache 2.0 and MS
Soap is that MS clients do not send type information with each parameter,
and the Apache soap server will reject such requests. Of course, when you
access a service with no arguments, you don't run into this problem since
there are no parameters to type.

Tony

I got a vb client to work with an Apache SOAP server, but I'm only able to
send the method with no arguments inside of it.

here is how the request envelope looks:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV
:Body><ns1:getAllListings
xmlns:ns1="urn:AddressFetcher"/></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

here is how the response envelope looks:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getAllListingsResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:AddressFetcher"
<return xsi:type="xsd:string>hello from java server</return>
</ns1:getAllListingsResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>