Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jürgen Hoffmann <ho...@ellumination.de> on 2008/04/23 08:58:59 UTC

update

Hi Folks,

i am in the progress of updating the source tree because of all the
checkstyle errors. It is a lot of more work than I thought. I am just
pinging you guys so you can be sure I am still working on it.

Kind regards

Juergen

Re: AW: update

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jürgen Hoffmann wrote:
> So what do you guys think?

It would seem that Thomas and I agree - please proceed with preparing
the release without addressing the checkstyle errors.

Scott

AW: update

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <ho...@ellumination.de>.
Hi Scott,

I have a lot of commits. All because of our checkstyle errors. I have right
now problems committing them all at once because of svn errors. I suggest
skipping the code corrections for this release. I will get the release on
the way then, and commit my corrections right after the release.

At this point, I rather get the release out instead of waiting any longer.
There have just been too many svn problems over the last couple of weeks,
and albeit I have some time available each day, that time is still limited.

So what do you guys think?

Kind regards

Juergen

Re: update

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Scott Eade wrote:
> I would actually be keener to see a release sooner without the
> checkstyle fixes than later with them, so please do not feel obligated
> to complete that task.  In fact, addressing these errors may slow us
> down in a couple of other ways:
>
>   1. A +1 on a release will no longer be automatic - we will each need
>      to review and test the changes
>   2. When it comes to porting forward to the trunk and fulcrum
>      checkstyle fixes may actually result in more effort.
>
> The best approach IMO would be to proceed with the release,
> sans-checkstyle fixes, port any fixes and enhancements to the
> trunk/fulcrum as necessary, then perhaps look at the checkstyle fixes.
+1

Please, let's get this baby out of the door.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: update

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Hi Juergen,