Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christoph Jaeger <ch...@derwald.at> on 2007/09/18 22:16:59 UTC

Select component with Enums

Using the select component with an Enum is very convenient:

<input t:type="Select" t:id="color" t:value="preferredColor"/>

to display a <input type="select" ...> html drop down list showing all
entries defined by the Enum Color.

Now I would like to have the same drop down list, only with an "- empty
-" entry as first entry (meaning: no color was selected,
preferredColor==null). Is there an easy way to define this (something like

<input t:type="Select" t:id="color" t:value="preferredColor"
t:empty="- empty -"/>

would be very nice), or do I have to manually create a SelectModel and
ValueEncoder?

Best Regards,

Christoph Jäger

Re: Select component with Enums

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Take a look at LabeledPropertySelectionModel of T4...

It can decorate every other Model - it simply adds an entry with a
configurable label on top.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

RE: Select component with Enums

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
That was my solution, but then someone complained that it wasn't really a valid part of the list.

Mark J. Stang
Software Engineer
office: +1 303.468.2900
Ping Identity

> Now I would like to have the same drop down list, only with an "- empty
> -" entry as first entry (meaning: no color was selected,
> preferredColor==null). Is there an easy way to define this (something like
>
> <input t:type="Select" t:id="color" t:value="preferredColor"
> t:empty="- empty -"/>
>
> would be very nice), or do I have to manually create a SelectModel and
> ValueEncoder?

Add another entry to the enum that defines a non-selected state?

--
        regards,
        Robin

Re: Select component with Enums