Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gabriel Oberreuter <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 14:52:47 UTC

Running OFBiz on IBM POWER Architecture

Hi, I was experimenting with OFBiz and SUSE Enterprise 11 over IBM Power. As
we have java on that configuration, I wanted do give it a try.
When compiling, I got an error related to an algorithm, which is present in
the "normal" java implementation and not present in the IBM one.
In normal java: SunX509
In ibm java: IbmX509

It is related to the certificates used for security.
I modified the codes of the following files:

framework\base\src\org\ofbiz\base\util\SSLUtil.java
framework\catalina\ofbiz-component.xml

replacing SunX509 for IbmX509, and the problem was solved. I got the system
running with (apparently) no problem.

Investigating the issue, some people recommend not to specify the algorithm
to use, but let java decide on its own:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10073202/what-is-sunx509-used-for-and-can-it-work-with-parties-using-ibmx509

KeyManagerFactory.getInstance("SunX509") ->
KeyManagerFactory.getInstance(KeyManagerFactory.getDefaultAlgorithm())

Just informing this as some other could find this useful. Also, is this
worth to consider it as a modification to ofbiz to make it more generic?

Cheers!