Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 15:17:16 UTC

Creating a ContentType

Hi All:

Right now I have code that looks like this:

  final Charset myCharset = ...
  final ContentType ct = ContentType.create(*HTTP.OCTET_STREAM_TYPE*,
myCharset);

HTTP.OCTET_STREAM_TYPE is deprecated, so to avoild magic strings in the
code I can do:

  final ContentType ct =
ContentType.create(ContentType.APPLICATION_OCTET_STREAM.getMimeType(),
myCharset);

What doing a fluent type of call instead:

final ContentType ct = ContentType.APPLICATION_OCTET_STREAM.with(myCharset);

?

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Creating a ContentType

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 09:17 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Right now I have code that looks like this:
>
>   final Charset myCharset = ...
>   final ContentType ct = ContentType.create(*HTTP.OCTET_STREAM_TYPE*,
> myCharset);
>
> HTTP.OCTET_STREAM_TYPE is deprecated, so to avoild magic strings in the
> code I can do:
>
>   final ContentType ct =
> ContentType.create(ContentType.APPLICATION_OCTET_STREAM.getMimeType(),
> myCharset);
>
> What doing a fluent type of call instead:
>
> final ContentType ct = ContentType.APPLICATION_OCTET_STREAM.with(myCharset);
>
> ?

Sounds good to me. +1

Oleg