Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@sirionlabs.com> on 2020/03/25 17:11:53 UTC

Unable to consume messages, need to re-subscribe or restart

Hi,

We recently started using apache pulsar instead of apache Kafka, we are experiencing problem with our apache pulsar consumer. Suddenly after sometime apache pulsar, consumer stops consuming messages and backlog keeps increasing. We did not found any error in logs. Post restarting consumer application it starts consuming the messages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are targetting to go production.

Thanks
Disclaimer: This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this communication without copying. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing, etc. of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. SirionLabs does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorized access to, or interference with the communication. Please consider the environment before printing this email or attachment.

Re: Unable to consume messages, need to re-subscribe or restart

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

There are a couple of things to check.

1) Which version of Pulsar are you using?
2) Which language of Pulsar client are you using?
3) Did your consumers acknowledge the messages after processing them?
4) When the issue happens, did you happen to capture the stats of the
topic? You can do so by running `topic stats <topic>`.

- Sijie

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,