Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tara Hernandez <ta...@bluemartini.com> on 2002/08/05 22:29:39 UTC

Re: Deleting filesets with directories

On that note, I'm trying to delete all the CVS subdirs from a directory
structure.  My task looks like:

        <delete defaultexcludes="no" includeemptydirs="true" verbose="true">
                <fileset dir="config" includes="**/CVS/"/>
        </delete>

but it's not doing anything useful at all.  I have this sinking suspician that
the problem is staring me in the face and I'm just being blind...

--
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.  I said I didn't
know"

        -Mark Twain

Re[2]: Deleting filesets with directories

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Tara,

I think your fileset needs to look like this:

<fileset dir="config" includes="**/CVS/**"/>

Jake

TH> On that note, I'm trying to delete all the CVS subdirs from a directory
TH> structure.  My task looks like:

TH>         <delete defaultexcludes="no" includeemptydirs="true" verbose="true">
TH>                 <fileset dir="config" includes="**/CVS/"/>
TH>         </delete>

TH> but it's not doing anything useful at all.  I have this sinking suspician that
TH> the problem is staring me in the face and I'm just being blind...

TH> Dominique Devienne wrote:

>> <delete includeEmptyDirs="true">
>>    <fileset dir="topdir" includes="**/tmpdir/"/>
>> </delete>
>>
>> This last one did what I wanted, which was to delete the tmpdirs and all
>> their contents from each of dirA, dirB and dirC.
>>

TH> --
TH> "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did.  I said I didn't
TH> know"

TH>         -Mark Twain

TH> --

Best regards,