Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/14 09:06:19 UTC

[math] Houskeeping - committers, contributors please read

Today I created a MATH_1_1 branch that should be close to taggable for
the 1.1 release.  The only thing remaining is a full resolution to BZ
36105.  We should make the changes for this bug there and port them to
the trunk as well.  Once we have resolution to this, I will roll a
final RC and we can vote to release.

I also committed the first batch of Xiaogang Zhang's SOC contributions
to trunk.  This stuff looks very good to me.  Thanks, Xiaogang!  More
eyeballs are always a good thing, though, so all pls review.  The
analysis package is getting too large, so we should be thinking about
how to split it up.  For now, I am committing the integration, and
interpolation (which I am reviewing now) from Xiaogang into the main
analysis package.  An obvious breakout would be solver, integration,
interpolation.  Pls weigh in with ideas.  We will need to address this
soon.

Phil

Re: [math] Houskeeping - committers, contributors please read

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 8/22/05, Brent Worden <br...@worden.org> wrote:
> "Phil Steitz" <ph...@gmail.com> wrote
> > Today I created a MATH_1_1 branch that should be close to taggable for
> > the 1.1 release.  The only thing remaining is a full resolution to BZ
> > 36105.  We should make the changes for this bug there and port them to
> > the trunk as well.  Once we have resolution to this, I will roll a
> > final RC and we can vote to release.
>
> I've made a few bug fixes to the MATH_1_1 branch.  Are there any objections
> to me merging these into the trunk at this time?

Not from me.  That will get the fixes into the nightlies.

Other than 36266, where the patch looks OK to me (with a doc comment
saying how we handle the cut point 0), and 36232 where the patch also
looks OK to me (I agree that with the short-circuit and underflow
comments) is there anyting else blocking 1.1 at this time?  I would
like to go ahead and cut a final release candidate and get the release
out.

Phil

Posted by Brent Worden <br...@worden.org>.

Posted by Brent Worden <br...@worden.org>.
"Phil Steitz" <ph...@gmail.com> wrote
> I also committed the first batch of Xiaogang Zhang's SOC contributions
> to trunk.  This stuff looks very good to me.  Thanks, Xiaogang!  More
> eyeballs are always a good thing, though, so all pls review.  The
> analysis package is getting too large, so we should be thinking about
> how to split it up.  For now, I am committing the integration, and
> interpolation (which I am reviewing now) from Xiaogang into the main
> analysis package.  An obvious breakout would be solver, integration,
> interpolation.  Pls weigh in with ideas.  We will need to address this
> soon.

The code is very acceptable.

Also, your proposed package breakout seems fine.