Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Meichle <jk...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/20 04:42:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory Index Question

Is there a way to configure the backround and text colors of the auto generated Directory index through mod_autoindex? I do not care about fancy searching or listings, I just want to be able to do basic configuring of the text.

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Directory Index Question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/19/06, John Meichle <jk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to configure the backround and text colors of the auto
> generated Directory index through mod_autoindex? I do not care about fancy
> searching or listings, I just want to be able to do basic configuring of the
> text.

There are two ways to do this listed on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html
First, you can use the SuppressHTMLPreable IndexOption, and then
specify a HeaderName file which contains the appropriate <body> tag or
CSS instructions.  Second, you can use the IndexStyleSheet directive
to specify a CSS file with appropriate instructions.

Joshua.