Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rajesh Biswas <ra...@bridgera.com> on 2018/10/08 17:52:29 UTC

Error log in ListenTCP

Hello Team,

I am facing one issue to get binary data into Nifi.

As of now I am using ListenTCP processor, when I am sending character string
data I am able to see the data in flow file.

But when I am trying to send Binary data, I am not able to see any data thru
Data province.

Would you please guide me:

1.       Which log files to see if there are any error (I checked
nifi-app.log and nifi-user.log, did not see anything)

2.       Which processor to use to read binary data thru TCP protocol (I am
not able to change Character Set other than UTF-8)

Would you please help me with your experience?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 |  <http://www.bridgera.com/>
www.bridgera.com

---

Re: Error log in ListenTCP

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
ListenTCP only uses the Character Set property for writing the
demarcator to the output stream of the flow file, it takes the String
value of Character Set and calls value.getBytes(charset).

For the actual data it is never converted from bytes to characters, so
it takes byte[] from the incoming stream and writes byte[] directly to
the flow file output stream.

RE: Error log in ListenTCP

Re: Error log in ListenTCP

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.