Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/11/25 00:28:47 UTC

Proper shutdown in Phoenix

This is probably something simple, but I've noticed that if I kill James by
^C, then it goes ahead and cleans up.  But if I use the RemoteManager to
shutdown "cleanly", then I do not get a clean shutdown.  A specific symptom
is that the work/ directory doesn't get cleaned up.  The shutdown method in
RemoteManagerHandler just calls System.exit(0).

	--- Noel

Re: Proper shutdown in Phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:28, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> This is probably something simple, but I've noticed that if I kill James by
> ^C, then it goes ahead and cleans up.  But if I use the RemoteManager to
> shutdown "cleanly", then I do not get a clean shutdown.  A specific symptom
> is that the work/ directory doesn't get cleaned up.  The shutdown method in
> RemoteManagerHandler just calls System.exit(0).

getBlockContext().requestShutdown();

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald