Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vijay Mariadassou <vi...@apple.com> on 2006/07/16 18:06:52 UTC

svn export throws Bus error

I am getting a "Bus error" when I try to use the "svn export" command
on a local working copy.

$ svn export testMisc testMisc_export
Bus error

My repository machine has crashed and I am trying to export my local
working copy so that I can import back into a new repository. I tried
with different versions of svn - version 1.2.0 (Release Candidate
2) , version 1.3.1 (r19032) and version 1.3.2 (r19776), on Mac OS X
10.4.4 and I still get the same error.

I searched through the mailing list archives and found one posting
but it doesn't apply to my scenario because I have lost my
repository. I have searched elsewhere on google also but, no luck.
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: svn export throws Bus error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 16, 2006, at 20:06, Vijay Mariadassou wrote:

> I am getting a "Bus error" when I try to use the "svn export"
> command on a local working copy.
>
> $ svn export testMisc testMisc_export
> Bus error
>
> My repository machine has crashed and I am trying to export my
> local working copy so that I can import back into a new repository.
> I tried with different versions of svn - version 1.2.0 (Release
> Candidate 2) , version 1.3.1 (r19032) and version 1.3.2 (r19776),
> on Mac OS X 10.4.4 and I still get the same error.
>
> I searched through the mailing list archives and found one posting
> but it doesn't apply to my scenario because I have lost my
> repository. I have searched elsewhere on google also but, no luck.
> I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out on this.

The following command is equivalent to "svn export FROMPATH TOPATH":

cd FROMPATH && rsync --archive --cvs-exclude . TOPATH