Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Suresh <su...@i7asia.co.in> on 2004/07/07 11:20:42 UTC

query regarding log file path

hai group.
This is suresh from i7asia. i have one query.
The code below is the configuration file for log4net....I need to know where is the destination file logfile.txt stored. I searched for this file but i didnt find it....my requirement is to store the log file logfile.txt in the location where the web application is stored.plz help me in this aspect

plz check out the following

<configSections>

<section name="log4net" type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net" />

</configSections>

<log4net debug="false">
  <appender name="LogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender,log4net" >
   <param name="File" value="logfile.txt"/>
   <param name="AppendToFile" value="true" />
   <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout,log4net">
    <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t] %-5p %c [%x] - %m%n" />
   </layout>
  </appender>
  <root>
   <priority value="DEBUG" />
   <appender-ref ref="LogFileAppender" />
  </root>
 </log4net

When I give the hard coded path say "C:\\logfile.txt" , it is working.

With Regards,
K.K. Suresh Kumar
I7 Software Asia
suresh@i7asia.co.in
www.i7asia.co.in
Mobile: 98414 65906

Re: query regarding log file path

Posted by DW...@strohlsystems.com.
You state that this a Web site, so it is attempting to save it to your
system directory (C:\WinNt\System32).  Unless you have really changed the
permission's of the ASP.NET user, it will not be able to write to this
directory.

"Suresh" <su...@i7asia.co.in>
07/07/2004 05:20 AM
Please respond to
"Log4NET User" <lo...@logging.apache.org>

<lo...@logging.apache.org>,
<lo...@logging.apache.org>, <lo...@logging.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[...]

IMPORTANT:  E-mails from this company normally contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  The use, distribution, transmittal or re-transmittal by an unintended recipient of any communication is prohibited without our express approval in writing or by e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.  All e-mails sent to or from Strohl Systems are to be used for our business purposes only.  E-mails sent from or to the company are subject to review by the company.