Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Pavel Pisa <pp...@pikron.com> on 2022/06/19 12:49:28 UTC

Embedded World 2022, pysimCoder progress and more

Dear NuttX developers,

the Nuremberg Embedded World starts on Tuesday.
Is there some booth where to meet some company, project,
organization, people related to NuttX and its use?

As our university department is member of OSADL
and I know their representatives for many years,
I plan to keep them updated where we are available
during the days. (hall 4, booth 4-168)
https://www.osadl.org/

I and Jakub Dupak will be available even on Embedded
World Conference. We will talk about RISC-V teaching
and simulators QtRvSim – RISC-V Simulator for Computer
Architectures Classes, 16:00 June 21, 2022 Session 10.3
https://events.weka-fachmedien.de/embedded-world-conference/program/

There were defended more NuttX related theses which re results
of OTREES activities

Open Rapid Control Prototyping and Real-Time Systems; Michal Lenc

  https://dspace.cvut.cz/bitstream/handle/10467/100938/F3-BP-2022-Lenc-Michal-Open_Rapid_Control_Prototyping_and_Real_Time_Systems.pdf

which documents integration of pysimCoder with silicon-heaven
protocol for runtime generated models parameters tuning and
introspection (targetting NuttX and GNU/Linux)

  https://github.com/robertobucher/pysimCoder/wiki/Silicon-Heaven-Support

Open Rapid Control Prototyping, Education and Design Tools; Dion Beqiri;

  https://dspace.cvut.cz/bitstream/handle/10467/101599/F3-BP-2022-Beqiri-Dion-bachelor_thesis_DionBeqiri.pdf

work on pysimCoder vector signals implementation prototype and test of pysimCoder
even on Espressif ESP32C3 under NuttX with new CAN/TWAI driver

NuttX RTOS CAN Bus Driver for Espressif ESP32C3; Jan Charvat

  https://dspace.cvut.cz/bitstream/handle/10467/101692/F3-DP-2022-Charvat-Jan-NuttX-RTOS-CAN-Bus-Driver-for-Espressif-ESP32C3.pdf

documents ESP32C3 TWAI driver implementation and testing.

CAN Bus Latency Test Automation for Continuous Testing and Evaluation; Matěj Vasilevski

   https://dspace.cvut.cz/bitstream/handle/10467/101450/F3-DP-2022-Vasilevski-Matej-vasilmat.pdf

this is realted to our CTU CAN FD open design IP core and GNU/Linux driver for now,
but it has been used as the tool to evaluate ESP32C3 TWAI driver and can help
others to evaluate NuttX CAN drivers with GNU/Linux based test system.

If somebody visits Embedded World and want to discuss some NuttX related
topics then we can manage some informal meeting.

Best wishes,

                Pavel Pisa
    phone:      +420 603531357
    e-mail:     pisa@cmp.felk.cvut.cz
    e-mail:     ppisa@pikron.com
    Department of Control Engineering FEE CVUT
    Karlovo namesti 13, 121 35, Prague 2
    university: http://control.fel.cvut.cz/
    personal:   http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa
    company:    https://www.pikron.com/
    projects:   https://www.openhub.net/accounts/ppisa
    CAN related:http://canbus.pages.fel.cvut.cz/
    Open Technologies Research Education and Exchange Services
    https://gitlab.fel.cvut.cz/otrees/org/-/wikis/home