Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/17 04:31:42 UTC

Evaluating Cell Reference

In the spreadsheet I'm processing with POI, I have multiple worksheets.  The
first worksheet is the 'master'; all of the other worksheets reference the
first two columns from this 'master' by referencing ='worksheet-1'!$A1,
='worksheet-1'!$B1, etc.  When I read these columns with HSSFCell as a
formula cell, I obviously get the formula, which doesn't do me any good.  I
need to get the actual value from cell A1 on worksheet 1.  I looked at
CellReference, but don't think that will do what I want.  Is there a way to
get to the 'real' value?

Thanks.

Jerry