Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Lucier <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/13 02:10:33 UTC

Bug getting post args?

Hello,

I found a bug in Tomcat 4.0 final when trying to get POST parameters. I
have a form with method=post which is processed by a servlet which
worked fine with TC3.2.x. Now that servlet is not receiving the post
args at all with request.getParameter (but still receives the query
args just fine). It *does* work if I call request.getParameter() as the
very first method in the service() call.

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing? Any ideas on where to look for
a problem?

Regards,

Rob

http://personals.yahoo.com

RE: IIS isapi_redirector.dll bad experience

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv>.
Yeah.. maybee you are right.. It's just that I am used to linux as a server
environment, and have my tomcat/apache installation working very fast, but
my client has a windows server and there is no way to change that.

Ylan.

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv>.
Hi,

I had a very bad experience installing isapi_redirector.dll recently, and I
think maybee the documentation could be upgraded to save other people in the
same situation some time. Let me explain:

My environment:
Windows 2000 workstation.
IIS 5
tomcat 3.2.3
Java SDK 1.3.1

I started by following all the instructions provided in the documentation to
make tomcat cooparate with IIS (out of process). I am used to using tomcat
with apache, but it was my first time trying it in IIS.

I followed the instructions to the dot, only to find that IIS was sending a
403 error. Of course, my first action was to check the troubleshooting
portion of the docs and sure enough, my problem was listed.. the culprit was
named as Execute Access not being set in the "jakarta" virtual directory. I