Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Andy Xue <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/04 09:41:39 UTC

Hadoop Streaming: Does not recognise PATH and CLASSPATH defined

Hi:

I wish to use Hadoop streaming to run a program which requires specific
PATH and CLASSPATH variables. I have set these two variables in both
"/etc/profile" and "~/.bashrc" on all slaves (and restarted these slaves).
However, when I run the hadoop streaming job, the program generates error
messages saying that these environment variables are not correctly set.

Does it mean that I did not set these environment variables in the correct
place? How should I define these environment variables?
I use Hadoop 1.0.3 and all machines are running Ubuntu 12.04

Thank you for your time and help. Have a great day.

Andy

Re: Hadoop Streaming: Does not recognise PATH and CLASSPATH defined

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,
            Please specify the environment varibles in gedit .bashrc. you
can specify for the JAVA_HOME environment variables and configuration
hadoop-site.xml,hadoop-core.xml,and hadoop-default.xml files you can
specify which version hadoop you can use those things and then close
.bashrc and close terminal also finally you can open new terminal. It shows
the correct installations.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.Narasingu

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,
            Please try once other wise you can again download new hadoop
1.0.2 it is stable. you can set all environment variables in vi .bashrc or
gedt .bashrc you can set paths JAVA_HOME and HADOOP_HOME environment
variables and also set path.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh.Narasingu

Posted by Narasingu Ramesh <ra...@gmail.com>.