Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2004/11/15 18:10:18 UTC

AXIOM and data binding [Re: [Axis2] AXIOM goals

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>"Aleksander Slominski" <as...@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
>

>>* AXIOM API is designed to support pluggable XML transformations
>>(JavaBeans2XML, XSD with JaxMe/JAXB, Castor, XmlBeans, RelaxNG, ...)
>>discussed in http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1498
>>

>I can't read AXIS-1498 right now (offline ATM) but data binding is NOT
>part of AXIOM.

what i mean by it is "designed to support" is that doing data binding
should be make easier by making AXIOM API works well with any data
binding framework.

>In fact data binding is layered into the engine so that
>all of Axis2 can run without any data binding and with the app accessing
>the OM directly (maybe via something like JXPath layered on).

yes so AXIOM API must be designed (or changed when needed) so to support
such access.

>The point is that providers which have Java object-ified views of
>the incoming XML blob is not the only way to implement a service. For
>example, the service may be one or more XSLT scripts.

yes - i think it would be very good for doc/literal kind of services and
AXIOM should make it easy and not hard to implement such service.

alek

RE: AXIOM and data binding [Re: [Axis2] AXIOM goals

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
+1

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
yap +1 I feel we should be in axis dev list , we need the lessons from
axis 1.x and want the  people to remind if we missing them :)
Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
yes, please stay here.