Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Raz Dobkies <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/01 11:40:12 UTC

OpenId-Connect authentication in NiFi and NiFi registry

Hi there!

My name is Raz and I want to develop a NiFi system connected to NiFi
Registry.
According to my understanding, in the current version of Nifi registry, it
is not possible to authenticate using OpenId-Connect, but I saw that you
have an open issue in Nifi Jira that you are planning to implement this
feature in the future.
Do you have a time estimate when it would be included?

Best regards,
Raz Dobkies.

Re: OpenId-Connect authentication in NiFi and NiFi registry

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
I would also add that that communication between NiFi and NiFi Registry
doesn't involve OIDC. It is a 2-way TLS connection where NiFi sends the
user identity (from OIDC) as a proxied-entity to NiFi Registry. So OIDC is
only used when users directly access the UI of one of the applications.

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raz,