Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 13:59:30 UTC

Installing Jars on server

Geronimo Version 2.1.4

Hi I'm trying to move some jars contained within the lib folder of an EAR
to the server. I installed them all in the repository using the console,
then added the dependancies to the geronimo-application.xml but upon
publish I recieve an error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/Servlet.

I cant understand what the problem is. I've not left any out, im only
moving from one location to another.

Some help would be appreciated.

The jars I was trying to move were:
antlr-2.7.6.jar
axis.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections-3.2.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-discovery-0.2.jar
commons-io-2.0.1.jar
commons-lang3-3.1.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-validator.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
hibernate3.jar
javassist-3.9.0.GA.jar
jaxen-core.jar
jaxen-jdom.jar
jdom.jar
json-simple-1.1.1.jar
kaptcha-2.3-jdk14.jar
saaj.jar
sax.jar
saxpath.jar
slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.5.2.jar
sqljdbc4.jar
struts.jar
webserviceutils.jar
wsdl4j.jar

Many thanks, Mark.

Re: Installing Jars on server

Posted by Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Zhi. That worked.

Posted by Zhi Xie <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards
Gary

Re: Installing Jars on server

Posted by Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Zhi Xie <da...@gmail.com>.
Could you show how did you use the sharedlib? I guess maybe there is a
mistake.

2013/3/6 Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com>

> This is what I have done, allthough with geronimo 2.1 doc.
> On 6 Mar 2013 06:45, "Zhi Xie" <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess you shared libraries feature would fit your case. Please refer to
>> the instruction here.
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/using-shared-libraries-in-your-applications.html
>> .
>>

>> 2013/3/4 Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Geronimo Version 2.1.4
>>>
>>> Hi I'm trying to move some jars contained within the lib folder of an
>>> EAR to the server. I installed them all in the repository using the
>>> console, then added the dependancies to the geronimo-application.xml but
>>> upon publish I recieve an error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> javax/servlet/Servlet.
>>>
>>> I cant understand what the problem is. I've not left any out, im only
>>> moving from one location to another.
>>>
>>> Some help would be appreciated.
>>>

>>> The jars I was trying to move were:
>>> antlr-2.7.6.jar