Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marc Harris <mh...@jumptap.com> on 2008/01/23 23:31:13 UTC

Backing up hbase (or maybe "making a check-point")

What is needed to back up an hbase "instance"?

I am working on a project and I want to add things to my code
incrementally. When something works, I want to be able to take the
entire hbase database, copy it somewhere else, and continue my work. If
I messed up, I want to be able to go back to that "checkpoint". I am
using HDFS with everything one one server. Is it just a matter of
shutting down the hbase and hadoop servers, and then copying the "dfs"
and "mapred" folders somewhere else? And then moving them back into
place if I need to revert to that state. Or are there other files that
need to be copied too?

Thanks
- Marc

Re: Backing up hbase (or maybe "making a check-point")

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@cs.washington.edu>.
Thanks

Posted by Jim Kellerman <ji...@powerset.com>.
HADOOP-2496

---

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: Backing up hbase (or maybe "making a check-point")

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@cs.washington.edu>.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.