Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Lokesh Rajaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/03 17:19:11 UTC

JIRA guidelines

Hello All,

Are there any guidelines followed in Flink community while raising a JIRA
Issue?
First time creating a JIRA here, your pointers will be very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Re: JIRA guidelines

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
On 03 Jun 2015, at 18:06, Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Lokesh,
>
> there are no real guidelines for opening JIRA issues. You should select the
> right project to which assign the JIRA, namely Flink. Then choose an
> appropriate type, e.g. bug, improvement or feature. Give a descriptive
> summary of the problem and if necessary a further explanation in
> description section.
>
> Having said this, it's mostly common sense what to fill in. And you can
> change everything later on as well, so don't worry.
>
> Cheers,
> Till

+1 to what Till said. It's also very nice to tag the version the issue shall be assigned to.

Re: JIRA guidelines

Posted by Lokesh Rajaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Till.

Re: JIRA guidelines