Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by fr...@thomsonreuters.com on 2015/02/25 21:23:58 UTC

Problems with web proxy

Sorry, I forgot to change the subject line. Hopefully this one is more descriptive.

Frank

Hi,

I’m having problems building Zeppelin because of the web proxy. It fails while building the web Application:

 Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.20:npm (npm install) on project zeppelin-web: Failed to run task: 'npm install --color=false --proxy=http://NA:NA@<webproxy>:80<http://NA:NA@webproxy.int.westgroup.com:80>'

It seems like I need to set user name and password for the web proxy, but those are actually not required.

I tried out setting the web proxy (without the user name and password) with npm, but no success.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Problems with web proxy

Posted by fr...@thomsonreuters.com.
I tried to follow the same steps after I downloaded the latest zeppelin version, because I wanted to try out Spark 1.3.0.

$mvn install –DskipTest

Succeeded except for zeppelin-web

$cd zeppelin-web/

$npm install

$bower --allow-root install

$./grunt build

When I tried

$bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh start

$Zeppelin start                                             [  OK  ]

$Zeppelin process died                                      [FAILED]

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

From: Anthony Corbacho <an...@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 10:15 AM
To: "users@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org<ma...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Problems with web proxy

Hi frank

This issue can be solve by applying the workaround here: https://github.com/NFLabs/zeppelin/tree/master/zeppelin-web#compile-zeppelin-web

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 12:12 AM, <fr...@thomsonreuters.com>> wrote:
That was going well for a while until:

bower es5-shim#~3.1.0                 ECMDERR Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/es-shims/es5-shim.git<http://github.com/es-shims/es5-shim.git>", exit code of #128

Additional error details:

fatal: read error: Operation timed out

From: Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 11:55 PM

To: "users@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org<ma...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>>

Ok, there is one more step between 'npm install' and 'grunt build' - it is a 'bower --allow-root install' to get third-party dependencies for a webapp.

Please try ruining that first and then 'grunt build --force' again.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:59 PM, <fr...@thomsonreuters.com>> wrote:
After running ‘sudo npm install’ and ‘grunt build’  I got the following warning/error message:

Running "wiredep:app" (wiredep) task

Warning: Error: Cannot find where you keep your Bower packages. Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

From: Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>>
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 7:24 PM
To: "users@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org<ma...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@zeppelin.incubator.apache.org>>

Hi Frank,

mvn build in zeppelin-web calls 'npm install' && 'grunt build' underneath,  could you try doing those manually (with 'rm -rf node_modules') and posting npm-debug.log\output in case it is still failing?

Just to clarify your setup: you need to build Zeppelin on a machine with internet available only behind proxy?

Re: Problems with web proxy

Posted by "Kevin Kim (Sangwoo)" <ke...@between.us>.
I guess it will be better if we expose the web doc on the root README.md.
Many guys couldnt find the doc when they got failed on web build..

Re: Problems with web proxy

Posted by Anthony Corbacho <an...@apache.org>.
Hi frank

> [...]

>> with internet available only behind proxy?
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:23 AM, <fr...@thomsonreuters.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>  Sorry, I forgot to change the subject line. Hopefully this one is more
>>> descriptive.
>>>
>>>  Frank
>>>

>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>>  I’m having problems building Zeppelin because of the web proxy. It
>>> fails while building the web Application:
>>>
>>>   Failed to execute goal
>>> com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.20:npm (npm install) on
>>> project zeppelin-web: Failed to run task: 'npm install --color=false
>>> --proxy=http://NA:NA@<webproxy>:80
>>> <http://NA:NA@webproxy.int.westgroup.com:80>'
>>>

>>>  It seems like I need to set user name and password for the web proxy,
>>> but those are actually not required.
>>>

>>>  I tried out setting the web proxy (without the user name and password)

bower es5-shim#~3.1.0                 ECMDERR Failed to execute "git ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/es-shims/es5-shim.git", exit code of #128

Re: Problems with web proxy

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.

Re: Problems with web proxy

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.