Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by teo <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/15 17:14:11 UTC

no supports for attachments exception

Hi,

I am trying to send an attachment and store it, and getting "no support for attachments" exception....I have already put the mail.jar file into my classpath too, but still I am getting this exception coming from public  Document attachments(Document xml) throws org.apache.axis.AxisFault,
      java.io.IOException, org.xml.sax.SAXException,
      java.awt.datatransfer.UnsupportedFlavorException,
      javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException,
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException, javax.xml.soap.SOAPException

   {...}

is there any help? thanks alot... teo

exception is as:

[mytask] message is:; nested exception is:
[mytask]     java.io.IOException: No support for attachments

[mytask] AxisFault
[mytask]  faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
[mytask]  faultString: java.io.IOException: No support for attachments
[mytask]  faultActor: null
[mytask]  faultDetail:
[mytask]     stackTrace: java.io.IOException: No support for attachments
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerSerializer.serialize(JAFDataHandlerSerializer.java:120)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serializeActual(SerializationContextImpl.java:1231)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serialize(SerializationContextImpl.java:756)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.outputMultiRefs(SerializationContextImpl.java:853)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:147)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:401)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:746)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:273)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsString(SOAPPart.java:488)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsBytes(SOAPPart.java:379)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentType(Message.java:400)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:345)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:127)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:126)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:182)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2113)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2102)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1851)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1777)
[mytask]     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1315)
[mytask]     at remote_copy.RemoteCopy.echo(RemoteCopy.java:143)
[mytask]     at remote_copy.RemoteCopy.execute(RemoteCopy.java:76)
[mytask]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[mytask]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
[mytask]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
[mytask]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:147)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:166)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:319)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:309)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:610)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
[mytask]     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)

Re: Installing axis on a linux box

Posted by Prabhakar Chaganti <pr...@chaganti.net>.
I am using Axis with tomcat 4.1.18 on a linux box. Just copy the
axis\webapps\axis directory to tomcat\webapps.

-prabhakar

Posted by Niall Kenny <nk...@elandtech.com>.
Hi All,
I'm new to Axis and Unix.I am trying to install Axis on a linux box using
Tomcat 4.0.
I keep getting the error

Error: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet from file axis.jar
Axis will not work
See http://xml.apache.org/axis/
The root cause was: null
This can happen e.g. if org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet is in
the 'common' classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is only in the
webapp classpath.

when trying to validate the happyjsp.
I have put saaj.jar and jaxrpc.jar into the Tomcat Common/lib dir but this
problem still occurs.
The rest of the jar files are put into the webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib dir.
Anyone with an idea,
Thanks in advance,
Niall

RE: no supports for attachments exception

Posted by Betsy Frey <be...@merant.com>.
You need the jars in the web-inf lib directory.

Posted by teo <fa...@yahoo.com>.
thanks alot for everything....i found the problem... I forgot to put mail.jar on the local machine... ^___^
regards,
teo..
 Betsy Frey <be...@merant.com> wrote:The attachments sample in Axis 1.0 works for me. Betsy-----Original Message-----
Teo, Hopefully not a silly question, but ... Does the attachments sample that comes with Axis work? If not, try 1.1 beta - it works for me.It looks as though attachments is one of the less stable areas of the API. Paul  -----Original Message-----

Posted by Betsy Frey <be...@merant.com>.

Posted by teo <fa...@yahoo.com>.
yes, the attachments sample that comes with Axis work...i tried it with 1.1 beta too, but still do difference...
I have also some other questions:
1) I did not use Java2WSDL tool, and the its steps to make the service classes.. I just wrote the deploy.wsdd file by checking attachdeploy.wsdd and deployed my service...when I tried to use Java2WSDL tool, I am getting weird exceptions such as:
The class javax.activation.DataHandler is defined in a java or javax package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file. and also same thing for the java.lang.Exception....

 It might be so silly question but am I doing sth wrong? Is there any hint please?

thanks,

teo

 Paul Sabadin <ps...@adelphia.net> wrote:Teo, Hopefully not a silly question, but ... Does the attachments sample that comes with Axis work? If not, try 1.1 beta - it works for me.It looks as though attachments is one of the less stable areas of the API. Paul  -----Original Message-----

[...]

Content-Length HTTP Header with Attachments

Posted by cm...@integro.com.
Anyone know how to make the AxisServlet emit a Content-Length HTTP Header
when returning a message with attachments?

RE: no supports for attachments exception

Posted by Betsy Frey <be...@merant.com>.