Posted to dev@cmda.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/01/25 03:01:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] Retire the CMDA Podling

Dear CMDA Podling,

Last summer, a discussion started to retire the CMDA podling.  A vote was
started shortly after and it was decided to give more time to see how the
podling grows.  Unfortunately at this point, public discussions around the
podling have ceased.  There is still no website, no releases.  The last
commit to the repo is still November 2015.

At this point, the only path forward I believe is retirement of the podling.

John

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the CMDA Podling

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Jia,

For the benefit of the doubt, I double checked your initial committers vs who had accounts.  The following do not have accounts yet (as a result cannot commit to the repo):

- Benyang Tang
- Wei Wang
- Chris Lee

The other 5 committers have access to all incubator projects, as is the norm.  If you've tried to commit in the past, you can share the error you received and I can provide some input on what it means.

John

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I am in favor of retirement.

There just isn't any perceptible inclination to be an Apache community
here. Without that, further incubation doesn't make much sense.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Jia, and community,

Posted by Jia Zhang <ji...@sv.cmu.edu>.
Dear John: