Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Gerry Matte <Ge...@shaw.ca> on 2010/11/19 19:25:32 UTC

Sources Missing in SVN checkout for M3 SNAPSHOT

Hi Eric.
I've been trying to download the latest source files from the SVN repository into Eclipse - following the directions in your emails to Mohammed and the updated dev-build.html

In the last illustration there are a number of folders which my svn checkout did not  create on my local hard drive:  james-server-site, and james-server-spool-api to james-spring-deployment-var inclusive.  The most telling absence is james-server-spring-deployment .......

I suppose it's possible that the checkout failed with errors and I didn't notice it.

Is the illustration accurate ?  I recall you telling us not to look too closely at them ....

Also, when I try to create a source folder called stage, I see an eclipse error that the project is not a java application.  Is there a step that I needed to carry out before importing the maven project - such as changing my eclipse perspective ?  (I used my existing J2EE perspective which is likely wrong for this project).  I mention it in case you want to add a note to your html instructions.

Thanks
Gerry

=========== Gerry.Matte@Shaw.ca ============

Re: Sources Missing in SVN checkout for M3 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Gerry,

Yes, the screenshots were taken before name changes (example:
james-server-spring-deployment is now james-server-container-spring).
You can verify if your checkout is fine by looking the list of
subfolders that must correspond to the list in svn on
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/
(I will update the web page with a note about that and will take new
screenshots for 3.0-beta, we could still change some names, who knows...)

I usually switch from J2EE to Java perspective, but I'm 100% sure the
maven import works in the J2EE perspective (j2ee is a superset of java).
Take care to import  a maven project, not a simple project. Otherwise, I
don't see why/how it wouldn't be a java project.

Tks,

Eric