Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Yi, Dan" <dy...@rosettastone.com> on 2017/09/20 21:10:15 UTC

Cannot build storm locally kafka-avro-serializer not found

Hi,

I tried clean checkout storm project using git and ran the following
commands, neither of them worked:

mvn clean install -DskipTests

mvn clean install -DskipTests -U

mvn clean install -DskipTests -o

it always ended up with the same error:

Failed to execute goal on project storm-hdfs: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.storm:storm-hdfs:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find io.confluent:kafka-avro-serializer:jar:1.0 in
https://xxx/repository/maven-public/ was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has
elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
 I also tried to git clone Kafaka project itself :
https://github.com/apache/kafka/
and build it locally, still cannot build storm due to the same reason, can
anyone tell me how to work around it?

Re: Cannot build storm locally kafka-avro-serializer not found

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <sr...@apache.org>.
It looks like there's something wrong with your Maven or Nexus setup. When
I build it pulls kafka-avro-serializer from
http://packages.confluent.io/maven/io/confluent/kafka-avro-serializer/1.0/kafka-avro-serializer-1.0.jar.
If you're using Nexus make sure it allows pulling jars from
http://packages.confluent.io. You might also check your .m2/settings.xml to
see if there's anything weird going on. If nothing else you might be able
to temporarily bypass the Nexus server.