Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bowden Wise <wi...@acm.org> on 2012/12/19 21:14:47 UTC

Lucene Indexing on NFS

Hello,

I have been getting the following lock error when attempting to open an
index writer to add new documents to an index.
org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException
Lock obtain timed out:
NativeFSLock@/opt/shared/data/CTXTMNG/PAC_INDEX/lucene/aero/prod/index/write.lock

I believe this is because we are using NFS.

Has anyone gotten Lucene to work on NFS? What steps did you take?

Thanks
Bowden

Re: Lucene Indexing on NFS

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Use SimpleFSLockFactory.  See the javadocs about locks being left
behind on abnormal JVM termination.

There was a thread on this list a while ago about some pros and cons
of using lucene on NFS.  2-Oct-2012 in fact.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/201210.mbox/thread

--
Ian.