Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/02/10 05:42:21 UTC

CocoonComponentManager leaking

Carsten,

It seems to me that there is a memory leak in the
CocoonComponentManager. I went ahead and patched, please confirm that I
understood the logic correctly ;)

Patch:
         if ( !stack.empty() ) {
             final Object[] objects = (Object[])stack.peek();
             if ( objects[1] == objectModel ) {
                 stack.push(new Object[] {resolver,
                                         objectModel,
                                         objects[2],
                                         new
Integer(((Integer)objects[3]).intValue()+1)});
+                return;
             }
         }
         stack.push(new Object[] {resolver, objectModel, new HashMap(5),
ONE});

Vadim

RE: CocoonComponentManager leaking

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> Carsten,
>
> It seems to me that there is a memory leak in the
> CocoonComponentManager. I went ahead and patched, please confirm that I
> understood the logic correctly ;)
>
> Patch:
>          if ( !stack.empty() ) {
>              final Object[] objects = (Object[])stack.peek();
>              if ( objects[1] == objectModel ) {
>                  stack.push(new Object[] {resolver,
>                                          objectModel,
>                                          objects[2],
>                                          new
> Integer(((Integer)objects[3]).intValue()+1)});
> +                return;
>              }
>          }
>          stack.push(new Object[] {resolver, objectModel, new HashMap(5),
> ONE});

Hi Vadim,

thanks for patching this. Your patch is 100% correct - I just forgot
the "return" statement.

Thanks,
Carsten