Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/06/28 11:45:30 UTC

Trouble by extending struts-html tag

 I post this Thread in dev list cause I havn't got any
answer in user list ;)

 Hello,

 I've got a big trouble, for our application based on
 Struts 1.0.2, we make some customs tags extends or
 composed by struts-html tag.

 For example, we've got a DateTag composed by 3
 SelectTag from struts, we invoke directly doXxxTag()
 methods in the doXxxTag() methode from our DateTag.

 Data type used with DateTag is a class composed by 3
 String (day,month,year).

 like this:

 DateTag#doStartTag() {

  SelectTag day = new SelectTag();
  day.setPageContext(pageContext);
  day.setPageContext(this.property + ".day");
  (...)

  day.doStartTag();

  this.addOptionDays();

  day.doEndTag();

   // Idem with month and year.
   (...)

 }

 But randomly, we have this exception :
 No getter method for property date.day of bean
 org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN, error come from
method in
java.bean.PropertyDescriptor#getReadMethod(...),
result is null or the getter exist in the bean !

 I put some System.out in struts class PropertyUtils
 and the bean is here ! but the get method returned
 is
 null !

 Is threre any problem by making a tag composed by
 struts-html tags ... and invoke manually doXxxTag()
 methods ?

 Thx,
 -Emmanuel