Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@00java.com> on 2002/12/17 23:38:32 UTC

java:compile goal does not use sets

I've noticed that in the java plugin, the java:compile goal iterates
over the excludes in sourceModifications, but not includes.  This is
sort of critical for my project, which is why I noticed.

I tried to submit a bug report, but I'm not sure I did it right.  I
followed the link from the maven site to Jira, and submitted a new one
(now assigned to James Strachan), but instead of MAVEN-xxx it came back
as ATTRIBUTES-xxx...probably the wrong module, but I didn't have a
choice on that.

Anyway, I've included the diff using "diff -e plugin.jelly.old
plugin.jelly".  The diff was against the 1.0b7 release.

Please let me know if this is misguided.

John

Re: java:compile goal does not use sets

Posted by John Casey <jd...@00java.com>.
I figured out the problem I had with Jira, registered for an account (I
know, pretty dumb), and re-submitted the bug to the maven list.  I also
attached the diff containing my fix for the problem.  It's just a minor
oversight, but it really wreaks havoc on my ability to effectively use
maven...

John

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 16:38, John Casey wrote:
> I've noticed that in the java plugin, the java:compile goal iterates
> over the excludes in sourceModifications, but not includes.  This is
> sort of critical for my project, which is why I noticed.
>
> I tried to submit a bug report, but I'm not sure I did it right.  I
> followed the link from the maven site to Jira, and submitted a new one
> (now assigned to James Strachan), but instead of MAVEN-xxx it came back
> as ATTRIBUTES-xxx...probably the wrong module, but I didn't have a
> choice on that.
>
> Anyway, I've included the diff using "diff -e plugin.jelly.old
> plugin.jelly".  The diff was against the 1.0b7 release.
>
> Please let me know if this is misguided.
>
> John
>

> ----
>

> 61a
>               <j:forEach var="include" items="${sm.includes}">
>               <include name="${include}"/>
>               </j:forEach>
> .
>
> ----