Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dominic <do...@gmx.net> on 2004/12/03 22:14:40 UTC

https does not work... https unregcognized url scheme

I installed subversion 1.11 on my linux machine (Suse 8.0) but 'https'
does not work.

"svn --version" does not list the 'https' scheme (but the 'http' scheme
is listed) and when I try to checkout a repository on a https server I
get the following message:

svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'https://...

So I copied the source code of 'neon-0.24.7' into the directory of the
subversion source an renamed it do ".neon" as described in the INSTALL file.

I made

make clean
./configure --with-ssl
make
make install

but now I get the same error messages again...

Has anybody an idea howto solve this problem?

thanks
Dominic

Re: https does not work... https unregcognized url scheme

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:14:40PM +0100, Dominic wrote:
> "svn --version" does not list the 'https' scheme (but the 'http' scheme
> is listed) and when I try to checkout a repository on a https server I
> get the following message:
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'https://...

Not surprising.

> So I copied the source code of 'neon-0.24.7' into the directory of the
> subversion source an renamed it do ".neon" as described in the INSTALL file.

I don't know anything about the .neon bit, never had to do that.

> make clean
> ./configure --with-ssl
> make
> make install
>
> but now I get the same error messages again...

Are you sure you have the appropriate openssl bits and such installed?  BTW: I
wouldn't bother with the "make install" part until you get the client the way
you want it.  After building, check out "subversion/clients/cmdline/svn".

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"In a few minutes a computer can make a mistake so great that it would