Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by alex <al...@codix.net> on 2000/02/25 12:06:33 UTC

JOBS IN LONDON: PERL HACKERS WANTED

Position: Full time Perl developers

Role: Building complex, functionality-rich websites for corporates.
This typically involves writing middleware to interface page templates
to databases and other servers, development of mod_perl handlers for
access control, session management and arbitrary URI rewriting, and
tool building on our in-house templating language called ASPerl (same
embedding syntax as ASP but with a much better API).

Some projects currently on the go: BBC/games, sportingbet.com/i18n, Swiss
Life/XML middleware

Mandatory skills: UNIX (any flavour), and any two of [C, C++, Java, Perl]

Desirable skills: mod_perl, MySQL (or other RDBMS), mod_perl, Apache, CGI,
WAP

Company information: small (4 people), new (6 months), informal (strictly
no suits), geeky, growing, open source

Benefits: bonus schemes, stock options, /. reading time

alex nunes   | 4f shirland mews | t 020 8968 0123 | m 0411 344 779
director     | london w9 3dy    | f 020 8968 9294 | http://codix.net/
codix.net    | require 'perl.quality' ? &call('codix.net','now') : ;

Re: JOBS IN LONDON: PERL HACKERS WANTED

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, alex wrote:
> Position: Full time Perl developers
>
> Role: Building complex, functionality-rich websites for corporates.
> This typically involves writing middleware to interface page templates
> to databases and other servers, development of mod_perl handlers for
> access control, session management and arbitrary URI rewriting, and
> tool building on our in-house templating language called ASPerl (same
> embedding syntax as ASP but with a much better API).
>
> Some projects currently on the go: BBC/games, ...
                                     ^^^^^^^^^

Oh-oh - careful - I wrote some of that stuff... :)

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.