Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com> on 2008/01/15 22:21:31 UTC

Provider methods

Do we really need all those methods on Provider? Really the only used
method is this one:

ResponseContext request(RequestContext request);

Which makes me think we should get rid of all the others as this is the
only method the request handlers will use. If someone needs to access
other methods on Provider it makes me think that we need a different
abstraction as thats probably a different concern. Thoughts?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Re: Provider methods

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm happy with whatever abstraction get's the job done.  Provider has
managed to get rather bloated, does not adequately address the issue of
extension methods (e.g. patch).  Some simplified derivative of
CollectionProvider/Adapter/Provider would be welcome.

- James