Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Poonam Anand <Po...@guavus.com> on 2014/04/21 11:58:56 UTC

Re: Flex mojos 6.0.1 and Flex SDK 4.10 - Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.10.0.20130801 in artifactory even when it exist

Ok I  could find cause of this issue but not sure about correct way of doing
this.

//Settings.xml

<repositories>
                <repository>
                          <snapshots>
                            <enabled>false</enabled>
                          </snapshots>
                          <id>central</id>
                          <name>libs-release</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/libs-release</url>
                        </repository>
                        <repository>
                          <snapshots />
                          <id>snapshots</id>
                          <name>libs-snapshot</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/libs-snapshot</url>
                        </repository>
            </repositories>
           <pluginRepositories>

                <pluginRepository>
                          <snapshots>
                            <enabled>false</enabled>
                          </snapshots>
                          <id>central</id>
                          <name>plugins-release</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/plugins-release</url>
                        </pluginRepository>
                        <pluginRepository>
                          <snapshots />
                          <id>snapshots</id>
                          <name>plugins-snapshot</name>

<url>http://station117.in.guavus.com:8081/artifactory/plugins-snapshot</url>
                </pluginRepository>
            </pluginRepositories>

We have repositories and pluginRepositories defined as above. libs-release
has all flex sdk artifacts and plugins-release has compiler artifacts. If I
change pluginRepositories url to repositories url, it builds in 1 go.

Reason for that is with above settings.xml, when it tries to resolve
compiler dependency defined in mojos plugin, it resolves all compiler
dependencies successfully as all those present in pluginRepositories. Issue
is with pom dependency defined in compiler which is as below:

    <groupId>com.adobe.flex</groupId>
    <artifactId>framework</artifactId>
    <version>4.10.0.20130801</version>

Now this framework pom has further dependencies which are different flex sdk
artifacts like advancedgrids, e.t.c. To resolve these, it tries to look in
libs-release i.e repositories url which is correct and fails to find though
they are present and could resolve in second fire.

I cann't modify settings.xml or give different profiles as that is standard
configuration across organization on different build machines and as per
Maven 3 also, we should segregate repositories and pluginRepositories.
Why does maven gets confused in this case? I can consider modifying pom to
include repositories and pluginRepositories with same url - libs-release
which has all sdk artifacts as well as compiler artifacts. But I tried doing
this, it seems to ignore these configs which are defined in pom and still
refers settings.xml ones.

Another solution is to comment this framework dependency in compiler pom and
deploy on our artifactory. I am not sure why this pom is included as
compiler dependency, are any compiler libraries using this? In case of our
project pom, I have this framework dependency included as project
dependency. So will commenting this won't lead to any side-effects since
this anyways looks redundant since we have this in project pom.

Re: AW: Flex mojos 6.0.1 and Flex SDK 4.10 - Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.10.0.20130801 in artifactory even when it exist

Posted by Poonam Anand <Po...@guavus.com>.
Hi Chris,

No issues :).

I tried using this mirrors snippet with my arifactory url. Repositories and pluginRepositories section was same as given previously. Ultimately using this approach also, we are telling maven to use this 1 url for everything. Yes this fixes current issue.

But my problem is that I want to be able to build our old project (SDK 3.5 and mojos 3.8) also whose compiler dependencies are present only in plugins-release. I believe that’s how it is on Maven central which was carried to our artifcatory, not sure though. So with this approach, old build is failing.

Can mirror be defined more specifically so it solves our problem?

Also if any solution so I don't have to modify settings.xml and can have changes in new project pom so it overrides default settings.xml.  This has become blocking issue for us, please give any inputs you think can help.

Thanks,
Poonam

From: "Christofer Dutz [via Apache Flex Users]" <ml...@n4.nabble.com>>
Date: Monday, 21 April 2014 3:42 PM
To: Poonam Anand <po...@guavus.com>>
Subject: AW: Flex mojos 6.0.1 and Flex SDK 4.10 - Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.10.0.20130801 in artifactory even when it exist

Hi Poonam,

sorry for not responding to your first post ... I must have missed that :-(
In general I initially setup my Artifactory to serve lib-release, plugin-release, lib-snapshot, plugin-snapshot, ... but noticed that this was hard to maintain, configure, got you into tons of trouble and didn't come with any benefit whatsoever.

The core part in my settings xml is this:

    <mirrors>
        <mirror>
            <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
            <name>remote-repos</name>
            <url>https://my.artifactory.host/artifactory/libs-release</url>
            <id>remote-repos</id>
        </mirror>
    </mirrors>

So Maven sort of resolves everything from this url. On machines I don't need to deploy stuff to my repo this is also about all I have in the settings.xml. I guess the different plugin and snapshot repos make it easier to deploy stuff from your machine to that repository. At least I need them in Flexmojos in order to deploy stuff to the Sonatype nexus.

Chris

http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/Flex-mojos-6-0-1-and-Flex-SDK-4-10-Failure-to-find-com-adobe-flex-framework-pom-4-10-0-20130801-in-at-tp5742p6212.html
To unsubscribe from Flex mojos 6.0.1 and Flex SDK 4.10 - Failure to find com.adobe.flex:framework:pom:4.10.0.20130801 in artifactory even when it exist, click here<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=5742&code=UG9vbmFtLkFuYW5kQGd1YXZ1cy5jb218NTc0MnwtMTgzOTMwNjQxOA==>.
NAML<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Posted by Poonam Anand <Po...@guavus.com>.
1 more thing I forgot to mention is that I have compiler artifacts present in
both libs-release and plugins-release. That is the reason it works if I use
libs-release in both repositories and pluginRepositories url.