Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr." <kd...@kcmria.com> on 2002/08/13 15:19:45 UTC

New installation recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations on what versions of JRE/Apache/Tomcat to
install on a Windows NT 4.0 server.  The ultimate goal is to author JSP
pages that access an Oracle database using JDBC (a secondary goal is
installation/configuration ease).  One recommendation I got was to use JSDK
1.4.0_01, Apache 2.0.39, and Tomcat 4.1.8 but I can't find any binaries for
Apache 2.x for Win32 and Tomcat 4.1.x seems to be Beta.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thanks,
Kenny

Re: New installation recommendations

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.8-beta/

If you are using win32 use:

for Jk2
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/nightly/win32/

for jk
http://www.acg-gmbh.de/mod_jk/

mod_jk is much simpler to use than mod_jk2 because of the beta nature of
mod_jk2 and the sparse documentation of it.

there you go.

Jake