Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Parul Kudtarkar <Pa...@hms.harvard.edu> on 2009/04/24 21:29:16 UTC

HDFS files naming convention

The HDFS files generated after mapreduce run are strored in HDFS as
part-00000 and so on.....part-0000n

Is it possible to name these output files stored in HDFS as per my own
convention i.e. I would like to name these files my_file_1 and so
on....my_files_n

Please advice how this can be achieved?

Thanks,
Parul V. Kudtarkar

Re: HDFS files naming convention

Posted by Pankil Doshi <fo...@gmail.com>.
hey

you can surely do that using MulipleFileOutputFormat. We have already
implemented that

Pankil

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.