Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2011/04/01 13:45:26 UTC

Re: changing replication strategy and effects on replica nodes

See the section on Replication here http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Replication It talks about how to change the RF and then says you can do the same when change the placement strategy.

It can be done, but is a little messy.

Depending on your setup it may also be possible to copy / move the nodes manually by moving sstable files.

I've not done it myself, are you able to run a test ?

Hope that helps.
Aaron

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
You may do, if a node is no longer a replica for a token range. Which would be similar to reducing the RF.

nodetool cleanup is the thing to run after you have repaired to remove data a node should no longer have.

Aaron

Posted by Jonathan Colby <jo...@gmail.com>.