Posted to user@geode.apache.org by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/10 23:57:50 UTC

First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Are snapshot builds occurring for the upcoming *1.0.0-incubating* release
and is there a (artifact) Repository declaration a developer can include
(in Maven/Gradle) to get the snapshot bits to use for experimentation?

I tried browsing/searching Apache's artifact repositories (
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/) and did not see
anything.

-John

Re: First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Switched to the dev list to discuss what to do with the nightly builds.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> The ‘uploadArchives’ task publishes the maven artifacts into the snapshot repo.  The Geode-Nightly jenkins job publishes the develop branch, currently version 1.1.0-incubating:

Should we be publishing snapshots from the jenkins job for the release
branch as well? If we take too long to release, the 1.0 snapshots may
disappear entirely. In the meantime they are out of date. We'd have to
be careful to set releaseType=-SNAPSHOT in gradle.properties or on the
command line before doing that.

-Dan

Re: First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Posted by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com>.
John,

And to follow up, the Feb 22nd jars under the old 'gemfire'' prefix, but
later releases have moved to 'geode-'.

Hope that clears up your issues,

--Mark

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks @Anthony.

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Roman-

Good questions.  I am not sure.

When I look here...

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/geode/gemfire-core/1.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/

I don't see the latest snapshots being published; these artifacts are dated
February 12th, which corresponds to the M2 release.

I also know the team recently created a separate branch for the upcoming
1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

https://github.com/apache/incubator-geode/tree/release/1.0.0-incubating

And, I am unaware whether build snapshot are currently being performed.

Thanks,
John

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re: First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.