Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2003/12/08 19:39:19 UTC

IE Downloads Fail?

I'm trying to download some standard binary content using the
application/octet-stream mime type but Internet Explorer (6)
pops up with the following error:

"Internet Explorer was nto able to open this Internet site.  The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.  Please try
again later."

The pipeline is pretty standard per the wiki instructions:
    <map:match pattern="tools/downloads/*">
        <map:act type="header">
            <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="Pragma:no-cache"
/>
            <map:parameter name="Content-Disposition" value="attachment
; filename={1}" />
            <map:parameter name="mime-type" value="binary/octet-stream"
/>
        </map:act>
        <map:read type="resource" mime-type="binary/octet-stream"
src="resources/tools/{1}"/>
    </map:match>

Then when I go to the /tools/downloads/myfile.xls (or myfile.zip) uri I
get
that error. I immediately log into my site in Firebird and click on the
file
and it downloads just fine doing the exact same thing.

Has anyone run into anything like this.. or have any idea why IE wouldnt
download the file but other browsers will?

Thanks,

- Brent