Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/02/04 19:50:47 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-3/src/java/org/apache/turbine Turbine.java

On 2/4/02 1:19 PM, "John McNally" <jm...@collab.net> wrote:

> What if the log directory is outside the webapp root?  If I am writing
> my logs to /home/jmcnally/logs, will this not create
> <webapp_root>/home/jmcnally/logs?  What happens if I do not have write
> access to <webapp_root>?
>
> john mcnally

I made the assumption that the logs would go to ${applicationRoot}, and if
that fails we can put the logs in ${webappRoot}. If you specify file paths
for the appenders and you don't use the ${applicationRoot} and you don't
have write access then are there some standard places (like /tmp) that we
can use to place log files where we can log a warning about not having write
access to the specified log directory? I agree that the logging should be
made failsafe.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl