Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 19:01:28 UTC

Join us tomorrow (Tuesday) for the Drill weekly hangout!

Hello Drillers,

Please join us tomorrow at 10am Pacific for our community meeting. If you
are new to Drill, have questions about the current work being done
throughout the community, or you just want to listen in, anyone is welcome
to participate. The link is always available from the website under
"Community -> Get Involved", I have copied it below as well.

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc

As I have done for the last few sessions, I encourage anyone thinking of
attending to suggest topics they would like to discuss in a response
message here. Having an agenda encourages newcomers and mailing list
lurkers to come and discuss topics they think sound interesting.

Thanks,
Jason Altekruse

Re: Join us tomorrow (Tuesday) for the Drill weekly hangout!

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I didn't send these out earlier, here are the notes from this weeks
hangout.

Hangout 3/10/15:
- Attendees: Hakim, Kris, Andries, Sudeesh, Aman, Yash, Sudhakar, Jason

- Agenda
    - Hakim
        - working on bug fixes
        - working on window function again
            - add row number, rank, dense rank
            - thinking about scope today
            - we should look at Tim's work to start defining new aggregate
functions
            - first version of the revised window function operator was
merged
                - off by default, users can toggle on with an option
                - works with a subset of window function features
                - missing
                    - custom frames
                    - window specific functions that will be worked on soon
                    - support for multiple partitions
                - needs improvement
                    - handling the case where a window is larger than size
of memory

    - Kris
        - working on docs
    - Aman
        - merged Sean's Union all patch
        - design doc on JIRA
            - new fixes and features will be in new JIRAs
        - partition pruning
            - basic support last fall
            - could not support range pruning
            - working on support for evaluating more advanced filter
expressions at planning time

    - Sudeesh
        - working on system tables
            - for reporting memory and thread information
        - working on simplifying deployment of Drill
        - enhancing exception injection
            - some initial work by Chris

    - Yash
        - working on Cassandra storage plugin
            - a couple of comments
            - should we rely on Cassandra for affinity information or
something on our end?

    - Andries
        - ODBC driver testing
        - stream data with Flume
        - Drill tries to read partially written records
        - need to possibly ignore open files or allow discarding malformed
records
        - currently picks up hidden files
        - came up with method to help work with tools with incomplete UTF-8
support

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
Hangout happening now!