Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hugh Williams <hu...@soco.agilent.com> on 2004/01/07 20:22:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Log File Rotation Script

Hi;

I've found cronolog to be quite happy to rotate log files with date
strings in them - it's even mentioned in the Apache documentation.  I
crate daily log files and store them in monthly directories.

http://www.cronolog.org/

This will take care of the first part of your request.  The compression
bit is a matter of you running a monthly cron job to to the gzip; this
is on the cronolog "wish list" but is not part of the tool at the
moment.

hugh

Strader, William Alexander (WAX) wrote:
> SunOS 5.8
>
> Yeah I read that but was hoping to find a script that moved the logs with
> dates and also archived a month of data...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Billy S.
> WebPool
> Office: (865) 425-5178

 Hugh Williams			"And the time will come when you'll see
 hugh_williams@agilent.com  	 We're all very small
 Agilent Technologies 		 And life flows on within you and without you"
 Santa Rosa 2LS-R				- Beatles
 (707)-577-4941