Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Eldredge <ch...@comcast.net> on 2007/01/10 22:15:12 UTC

[m2] extending maven

Hello Maven developers,

I'm writing a tool that will invoke maven directly and I'd like to know
how I can extend maven in a few key areas:

- Attach my own EventMonitor implementation
- Extend the Release plugin

Suppose I'm writing a GUI that guides a user through a release.  First I
need to kick of the release process and let maven figure out which
modules need to have versions assigned to them.  I'd like to capture
that information and use my own GUI to allow the user to specify this
information, then feed the answers back into Maven.

So far I've only found
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml

But I don't see where I can provide my own EventMonitor impl or extend
the release plugin.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Eldredge